Few would dispute that Portugal is a beautiful country, populated by friendly and welcoming people with a vibrant capital full of culture and ‘postcard’ views everywhere. But what is not highlighted often enough whenyou consider moving to Portugal is that it is also a perfect place to start a business.
Lisbon has actually been named ‘start up city’(we found a really well put together a video about this subject):
Advantage Portugal “Top 10” reasons are as follow:
- Portugal’s culture is open to foreigners and has had collaborative way of doing business for centuries.
- Their language skills: 50% of the population speaks another language, often English!
- Portugal offers easy, direct and frequent access to most European business centres making it convenient to anyone working with a Pan European remit or needing numerous gateways to the African and American continent.
- Great quality of life allowing to put in place reliable support structures
- Low cost base but with abundant local top talent (namely engineers, doctors and business graduates)
- Everything you need to run a business : technology & public services
- Efficient access to European Grant system as well as VC funding
- Its natural beauty, friendly people, modern infrastructure promotes creativity
- You can open a company within an hour ( if you know where to go)
- It is sunny most of the year which will make moving to Portugal even more rewarding 🙂
Sources to consult when considering moving to Portugal for work: